- Our rural ancestors, with little blest,
Patient at work once the finish was rest,
Participated your day that housed their annual grain,
With feasts, and off’rings, along with a grateful strain.
- Alexander Pope in: Vicesimus Knox Elegant Extracts: Or, Helpful and Entertaining Passages, in the Best British Authors and Translations, Volume 5, Benjamin B. Mussey, 1842, p. 160
- Thanksgiving has turned into a day when Americans extend a helping hands towards the less fortunate. Lengthy before there is a government welfare program, this spirit of voluntary giving was ingrained within the American character. Americans usually have realize that, truly, you have to give to be able to receive. This ought to be each day of giving in addition to a day’s thanks…Let’s recommit ourselves to that particular devotion to God and family which has performed such a huge role for making mtss is a great Nation, and which is needed as an origin of strength as to stay an excellent people.
- Taxation, Thanksgiving Day Proclamation’ (12 November 1981)
- Marcie: Do not feel bad, Chuck. Peppermint Patty did not mean all individuals things she stated. Really, she really loves you.
Charlie Brown: I do not shame myself, I simply feel below par because I have destroyed everyone’s Thanksgiving.
Marcie: But Thanksgiving is much more than eating, Chuck. You heard what Linus was saying available. Individuals early Pilgrims were grateful for which had became of them, and you should be grateful, too. We ought to you need to be grateful to be together. I believe that is what they mean by ‘Thanksgiving,’ Charlie Brown.
- Charles Schultz, in A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, initially aired in 1973
- The Christian who walks using the Lord and keeps constant breaking of the bread with Him might find many reason behind rejoicing and thanksgiving all day long lengthy.
- Finis Steelman in: Sermon Messages from God’s Man, Finis Steelman, iUniverse, 30 November 2006, p. 176
- We could not have access to need to conclude, that other planets besides our very own are lived on by living creatures? All of the planets resemble our planet enjoy it benefit from the light and genial warmth from the sun, possess the alternation of day and night, and also the succession of summer time and winter: what finish would really these phenomena answer unless of course the planets were lived on? Thinking about them as a lot of peopled worlds, exactly what a sublime idea we conceive from the grandeur of God, and also the extent of his empire! How impossible to fathom his bounty, or penetrate the boundaries of his power! His glory, reflected from a lot of worlds, tills us with amaze, and calls forth every sentiment of awe, veneration and gratitude. Assuming that his praise is well known out of all worlds which roll above and round us, let’s ‘t be surpassed within our adoration, however in holy emulation mingle our hymns with individuals from the occupants of those numerous worlds, and celebrate god God from the world with eternal thanksgiving!
- Christoph Christian Sturm in March XXX, of Glare around the works of God, as converted by Robert Balfour (1810), p. 167
- Thx for which I’m & have. My thanksgiving is perpetual. It’s surprising how contented it’s possible to be around nothing definite — only a feeling of existence. Well, anything for variety. I’m ready to do this for the following 1000 years, & exhaust it. How sweet to consider! My extremities well charred, and my intellectual part too, to ensure that there’s no danger of earthworm or rot for any lengthy while. My breath is nice in my experience. O the way i laugh after i consider my vague indefinite riches. No operate on my bank can drain it — in my wealth isn’t possession but enjoyment.
- Henry David Thoreau, inside a letter to Harrison Grey Otis Blake (6&7 December 1856), as printed in The Correspondence of Henry David Thoreau (1958), p. 444 also printed in Letters to numerous Persons (1865), p. 145, however with a line in this particular appearing with what is becoming its most quoted form as "I’m ready to do this for the following 10, 000 years, and exhaust it."
- Thanksgiving Day, the purpose which originated from Colonial 2 or 3 centuries ago when individuals people recognized they really had something to become grateful for — yearly, not oftener — when they had been successful in exterminating their neighbors, the Indians, throughout the previous twelve several weeks rather of having exterminated by their neighbors, the Indians. Thanksgiving Day grew to become a routine, because throughout time, as time drifted on, it had been perceived the exterminating had stopped to become mutual and it was all around the white-colored man’s side, consequently around the Lord’s side hence it had been proper by way of thanking god for this and extend the typical annual compliments.”
- Mark Twain, in Mark Twain’s Life story, Kartindo.com, p. 258
- Within the original language, "he gave thanks" reads "eucharisteo." . . . The main word for eucharisteo is ‘charis’, meaning "elegance." Jesus required bread and first viewed it as elegance and gave thanks. He required the bread and understood so that it is gift and gave thanks.”
- Ann Voskamp in: Jessica Wrobleski The Boundaries of Hospitality, Liturgical Press, 1 The month of january 2012, p. 94
- WHEREAS it’s the duty of nations to understand the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to appreciate His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favour and Whereas each house of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to folks from the U . s . States each day OF PUBLICK THANKSGIVING and PRAYER, to become observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the numerous and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an chance peaceably to determine a kind of government for his or her safety and happiness."
- George Washington, The Very First Presidential Thanksgiving Day Announcement (3 October 1789)
Hoyt’s New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotes (1922)
Quotes reported in Hoyt’s New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotes (1922), p. 785-786.
- Thanksgiving-day, I’m afraid,
If a person the solemn truth must touch,
Is well known, less
By way of thanking god for benefits o’er,
As with regard to getting good!
- Will Carleton, Captain Young’s Thanksgiving
- And trained by thee the Church prolongs
Her hymns of high thanksgiving still.
- John Keble, The Christian Year St. Luke the Evangelist, St. 18
- Great because the formulations were for that dinner, everything am contrived that not one person in the home ought to be stored in the morning service of Thanksgiving within the church.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe, Oldtown Folks, p. 345
- Ah! on Thanksgiving day, when from East and from West,
From South and north, come the pilgrim and guest,
Once the grey-haired New Englander sees round his board
That old damaged links of love restored,
Once the care-wearied man seeks his mother once again,
And also the worn matron smiles in which the girl smiled before.
What moistens the lips and just what brightens the attention?
What calls back yesteryear, such as the wealthy pumpkin cake?
- John Greenleaf Whittier, The Pumpkin
- And let these altars, wreathed with flowers
And stacked with fruits, awake again
Thanksgivings for that golden hrs,
The first and also the latter rain!
- John Greenleaf Whittier, To have an Fall Festival
fast and furious 6 prayer scene
Chenler: Anyone else think this would have been the perfect scene to end the film series?
Justin Rosario: Yes. It should've been thrown in a movie deeper into the series
ichisuke ryu: Those old days…from the house, garage, cars, new friends, lost friends, feast and the prayer. This is why i love Fast n Furious.
Leo Lim: Too bad decker blown it up.
iPhone 5s: ichisuke ryu Init Man U know it
Liam Berry: And that's why I love these movies\nLove life, have fun along the way\nAnd don't forget to thank the one that gave it to them
cpcoasternut: "let us forever cherish the loved ones we've lost along the way."\n\nWe miss you Paul
Viktor Nicolas: +cpcoasternut You do know that he refers to Hans girl, Gisele that died
cpcoasternut: face palm and i'm speaking of paul. does it really matter who it's meant towards?
Sergio Yacoub Díaz: Father, thank you for this amazing actor RIP Paul Walker
Eduardo Chavez: i love fast and furious, its a family, this scene is epic, awesome…
remziz ripple: Paul walker will be missed
Kedar Martinez: If anybody wants to know, the song that came after is called Rest of My Life by Ludacris
Kedar Martinez: +F Nanoo yw. u don't how many other wanted to know that
Eduardo da Silva: Thanks, really
Garrett Polson: Nice video but you should have let the song play out longer and pop up some vids
Cheyenne Trimble: I love the way they do things and how the first person to eat says grace
alliod95: So much nostalgia for this scene
Leo Lim: Too bad decker ruined it
Stroopwafel Vlogs: +Leo Lim i legitimately cried there